Sunday 31 January 2016

Stepping Out Of The Mould - How I Challenged My Beliefs

Some of us grew up with images of ourselves that were anything but positive. One of the key benefits I gained from therapy was to challenge the view I had of myself. Fortunately I started therapy at a young age, 18, and since then, nothing has been the same. Here are some examples of how I changed preconceived ideas about myself and my life:
  • I took for granted that I was insecure, while I was confident. 
  • I though I was shy, when I was actually chatty and love public speaking! 
  • I assumed I would live in Sweden, when for the past 16 years I have lived in 3 different countries, met people from all over the world and learnt a new language! 
  • I thought I couldn't maintain a healthy relationship. On the contrary, I have now been married to my wonderful husband for 2 years. 
  • I thought would complete my studies and then steadily build up a career in marketing. Instead, I decided to follow my passion and become a life coach and motivational speaker helping others create life changing moments.
I encourage everyone to challenge any (negative) preconceived notions that you been told by others or yourself. 

Step out of the mould that others may have tried to fit you in, and allow yourself to be that person you want to become. It starts in the head. You don't have to believe right now, just imagine. Then hold on to that vision, and make the changes necessary. That vision is going to take you places. 



No comments:

Post a Comment